When: Saturday and Sunday, September 24-25, 2016 (With Friday night load-in)
Where: Bellarmine College Preparatory, San Jose, California
Registration: $300 ($600 for field-side pit)
Chezy Champs will be played under the FIRST Stronghold rules with the following modifications:
1. The initial TOWER STRENGTH will be 10.
2. The Low Bar will always be in Position 1. The remaining available DEFENSES will be: Cheval de Frise, Moat, Ramparts, Rock Wall, Rough Terrain. There are no DEFENSE categories; any four of the five will be present in Positions 2 to 5 of the OUTER WORKS. The Portcullis, Drawbridge and Sally Port will not be used at Chezy Champs.
3. During qualification matches, the DEFENSES in Positions 2 to 5 will be randomly selected and placed once per round of all teams playing. There will be no audience selection of DEFENSES.
4. During playoff matches, each ALLIANCE will select the defenses and their placement in Positions 2 to 5 of their own OUTER WORKS.
5. A ROBOT contacting carpet in the opponent's SECRET PASSAGE may not contact opposing ROBOTS who are in contact with the carpet in the SECRET PASSAGE, regardless of who initiates the contact.
6. After a ROBOT CROSSES a DEFENSE in AUTO, it will no longer incur a FOUL for crossing the MIDLINE or contacting an opposing ROBOT.
7. There will be no playoff tiebreakers; all ties are replayed.